With winters approaching near, the Indians are now planning on buying the best geysers in India provided by the top brands. For them, here is the list of best water heaters and geysers to serve the purpose.
10 Best Geysers in India 2020
1. AO Smith SDS-GREEN SERIES-015 Storage 15 Litre Vertical Water Heater (Geyser) White 5 Star
AO Smith offers the best geysers in India for that has a storage capacity of 15 litres and is quite efficient for the purpose.
- The 5-star energy rating for low energy consumption.
- Seven years brand warranty on inner tank.
- Glass-lined tank for corrosion protection.
- Glass-coating embedded in the heating element.
- High savings on energy bills.
- Corrosion and rustproof.
- Works seamlessly even under hard water condition.
- Pricing is a bit too expensive for the features.
- Body heats up on long-time use.
2. Bajaj New Shakti Storage 10 Litre Vertical Water Heater, White, 4 Star
Bajaj is widely known for offering best geysers in India at affordable pricing. It has different variants, but this one here is 10 litre variant with intuitive features.
- 4-star energy rating for moderate power-consumption.
- Inner tank is made up of mild steel and glass coating.
- Two years of brand warranty on the product.
- Available with multi-function safety-valve.
- Overheating protection enabled
- Overpressure protection enabled.
- Protection against dry heating
- Rust and corrosion-resistant.
- High pressure withstanding ability.
- The built quality is quite moderate.
- Takes quite some time for heating the water.
3. Usha Misty 25-litres 2000-Watt 5 Star Storage Water Heater (Twinkling Grey)
Usha Misty 25 litres water heater is available in diverse colour and size options for you to choose the best instant water heater to fit for your needs.
- 5-star energy rating for ensuring low power consumption.
- Quality Magnesium-Anode embedded within for rust & corrosion protection.
- Whirl flow technology implemented on this product.
- The heating elements are made up of copper.
- It has an anti-corrosive ABS body.
- Resistant to corrosion and rust.
- Works seamlessly even with hard water.
- High energy savings.
- Faster heating.
- No-noise operations.
- The outer body built-quality is weak.
- Response of the customer service team is not up to the mark.
4. Crompton Amica ASWH-2015 15-Litre Storage Water Heater (Black and White)
Crompton has always been a best water heater brand in India. The people of India rely upon Crompton for most of the times to buy the best geysers in India, and it never disappoints with its deals.
- 3- Level safety for enhanced protection.
- Implementation of Magnesium Anode for corrosion resistance.
- Polymer Coated tank for enhanced durability.
- Nano Polybond technology for oxidation protection.
- 8-bar pressure makes it suitable for use in high-rise buildings.
- 5-star energy ratings that ensure low power consumption.
- Dry heating protection enabled.
- It comes with pre-set thermal cut-out.
- Energy consumption is less.
- Adjustable temperature setting options.
- No installation spare parts are available with pack.
- Free brand installation is not available.
5. Crompton Solarium Qube 15LTR, 2KW,5 Star-Rated Storage Water Heater (White & Black)
Crompton is probably one of the top brands that offer best geysers in India in terms of functionality and operations.
- Polymer coating for ensured longevity.
- Copper heating element is used.
- Temperature setting available between 25 degree Celsius to 75 degree Celsius.
- 5-star energy ratings for low power consumption.
- 3-level safety for enhanced protection.
- Square shaped sleek body.
- High savings on utility bills.
- High-pressure of 8 bars.
- Price is a bit high as compared to other products with same features.
- Customer support is not responsive.
6. V-Guard Victo 15 litres Water Geyser – Free Pan India Installation with Inlet and Outlet Pipes
This product by V-Guard is considerably one of the best geysers in India that comes with free installation from the brand end.
- 4-star energy rating.
- 2 years of brand warranty on the product.
- Inlet and outlet pipes are available with the product.
- Five years warranty on inner tanks
- Free installation from the brand.
- Responsive customer support
- Free inlet and outlet pipes for easy installation.
- The built-quality is not up to the mark.
- Makes a slight noise while running.
7. Crompton Arno Neo ASWH-2615 15-Litre, 2KW, 4 Star-Rated Storage Water Heater/Geyser (White)
If you were looking for a cheap Crompton water heater or geyser for your house, then this is the ideal product for you.
- Polymer coating is embedded for protection from resistance and corrosion.
- Air fiction control with ABS body.
- 15 litres capacity tank.
- 4-star energy rating.
- 2-year brand warranty on the product.
- Air friction reduction.
- Steel tank for high durability.
- 3-level protection.
- Twin Indicator for better geyser functionality.
- Poor customer service.
- Exterior body is less durable.
8. Havells Monza EC 15-Litre Storage Water Heater with Flexi Pipe (Ivory)
Havells is yet another popular brand that is widely known for offering the best geysers in India. This product is a storage water heater by Havells.
- Embedded with Feroglas technology.
- Manufactured with Incoloy heating-element.
- PUF Insulations for high energy saving.
- Whirl Flow Technology.
- High energy savings.
- Inner tank is made up of steel.
- High capacity of 15 litres.
- Available with mounting brackets and fasteners.
- The price is high as compared to other products.
- Poor customer service.
- Inlet and outlet pipes not available.
9. V-Guard Victo Plus 10 L Water Geyser -Free Installation With Inlet and Outlet Pipe; Digital Display, Ivory
V-Guard is offering the best geysers in India at affordable pricing. This product is available with installation hardware.
- Installation hardware is available with the product.
- It has a digital display for showing temperature.
- Brand warranty of 2 years on products.
- 8-bar pressure for high-rise buildings.
- Free brand installation.
- 4-star rating for energy consumption.
- Easy temperature adjusting knob.
- Customer support team is less responsive.
- Price is slightly hiked with little feature enhancement.
10. V-Guard Calino 15L Storage Vertical Electric Water Heater, White, 5 Star (15 Litre)
V-Guard is one of the best brands in India that makes it liable for having more than one products on this list.
- Incoloy 840 heating element.
- 2 years of brand warranty on products.
- 5-star energy ratings for less power consumption.
- Four-layer protection mechanism.
- Inner tank is made up of steel.
- Free brand installation.
- Installation hardware is available with pack.
- Low energy consumption.
- Suitable for a high-rise building.
- Poor customer service.
- Built-quality is moderate.
Best Geysers in India – Buying Guide
Types of Geyser/Water Heaters Available in The Market
Winters are kicking in, and the few things that people are looking on priority are best geysers in India and best room heaters in India. These are the popular searches of the hour that gives a conclusion that people are already preparing for the forthcoming cold climate.
People need to know that there are many different types of water heaters that serves the same purpose of giving you hot water. There are many best geysers in India offered by the top brands, but unless you are aware of the different types of them, you won’t be able to make your valuable decision.
As the geysers are pretty expensive appliances for giving you the comfort of warm water supply during winters, you must give in some time of yours to choose the best. Below are the four types of geysers or water heaters that are built for serving the required purpose of giving warm water supply.
Each one of them is different, and the top brands have considerably categorized their products as the best geysers in India. Understand each one of them before you finalize on any of the one product mentioned above in this article.
Immersion Rod Water Heater
Immersion rod is the most traditional way of heating the water. As stated above, each of them has some positives that made them a successful option for availing warm water. Even though it is an old technique or product used for heating the water, it is still preferable.
The best part of immersion rod water heater is that it is cheaper and convenient to use. They are small in size and can be easily taken to different places for heating water in different containers. Even though they are small and convenient and carry around, their heating time was more.
The immersion rod consists of a coated metal winded rod. There is an electricity unit connected onto one end of the immersion rod. The rod is connected to the power supply, and the electricity passes through the metal-coated rod. As a result of which, the rod heats up the water.
You need to place the rod dipped in the water container for heating it. It is a time taking process and is not safe for pets and children to touch. They are cheap and somehow convenient to use but needs proper handling if there are kids or pets in the house.
As the drawbacks were more for the immersion rods, people started to prefer buying the best geysers in India over the immersion rods. But, still, some part of India is still relying on an economical way of heating water with immersion rods.
Storage Water Heater
Apart from the best geysers in India, people are also relying upon the storage water that works the same as that of the geysers. The conventional storage water heaters are ideal for a home to get hot water supply seamlessly.
The storage water heater, as the name, suggests stores the cold water and heats it for meeting the supply needs of the residents. The mechanism here is simple, which makes it considerably the best water heater in India that is available with most of the top brands.
The mechanism or operational aspects of the storage water heater includes a reservoir of up to 8- gallons based upon the product size offered by the brands. They store cold water and heat it with either electricity, natural gas, fuel oil or propane.
Different brands have different fuel or power sources for the storage water heaters. So, you need to check on the ones that are ideal for you as per your requirements before you buy them. The tank consists of hot water, and when you turn on the supply tap, the cold water takes the place of the empty space from the bottom of the storage reservoir.
There are modern implementations onto the storage water heaters to avoid standby losses as the energy supply was continuous in the older variants. It will help you save energy and utility bills as well. The thermal resistance value determines the power saving ability of these types of water heaters.
Some of the common things that people usually consider before buying storage water heater are its size, first-hour rating, fuel-type and energy efficiency. It is yet another best water heater type in India that people prefer on priority for saving on energy bills.
Are you looking for the best geysers in India? Are you confused between the electric and gas geysers? Here is the detailed explanation of how efficient gas geysers are. Both electric and gas geysers are ideal based upon the needs and requirements of the residents.
They both have some efficient features that determine their efficacy. But, let’s focus on gas geysers here as there is no limited power required for heating the water with this type. The best part of the gas geysers is that they supply the uninterrupted flow of heated water. The heating time is less with these appliances, and it uses LPG gas for its operations.
One drawback that makes the gas geysers less efficient than the electric geysers is that they consume more energy. But the recovery rate is fast, which makes it an ideal choice for bigger families.
Instant Water Heater
Instant water heaters are also known as electric water geysers. People usually prefer the best geysers in India offered by top brands to ensure that the power consumption factor is less while the water heating output is high.
Amongst all the types mentioned above, people prefer to buy the best instant water heaters or electric geyser above all. It is so because the features and heating options available in the electric models have replicated the true forms of modern solutions.
Moreover, the best geysers in India offered by the top brands powered by electricity works on a simple principle of converting the electrical energy into heat energy. There are several heating elements present inside these geysers that helps to raise the water temperature. It uses the method of conduction for heating the water.
There are basically two heating elements present in all of the branded best geysers in India that heats up simultaneously. The top heating element functions first for heating up the upper tank following to which the lower heating element is triggered that has a thermostat control of its own.
The best water heater brand in India manufacturing instant water heater or electric geysers includes two outlets from the main unit. One outlet is connected with a pipe through which the cold water will enter the geyser or water heater. The second outlet is connected with a pipe which will give an output of heated water.
It is comparatively one of the most convenient water heaters that are highly preferable by the people of India.
Features to Consider While Purchasing Geysers/Water Heater
There are many companies that claim themselves as the best water heater brand in India that offer the best geysers. As you are investing a big amount on ensuring the comfort of using warm water during winters, you must take time and choose from the best geysers in India.
For better convenience, you will find the ten best geysers in India listed above in this article. These products are listed only after a detailed comparison of specifications and features. To help you come up with the best choice, you need to consider some of the features or factors that would match as per your needs and requirements.
You need to choose one amongst the ten and here are some of the features or factors that you must consider for getting the one amongst the best geysers in India:
There are basically four types of geysers available in the market. As the immersion rods are not counted as geysers, they are not included here. The four types of geysers or water heaters available in the market are electric geyser, gas geyser, storage water heater and solar geyser.
Solar geysers are new technology and are picking up the pace in the present era. The gas geysers do not consume electricity but do need LPG supply for seamless running. The LPG gas is not at all cheap in the present time.
The electric geysers or best instant water heater are ideal for use as the brands have implemented power-saving technology to help reduce the energy bills without compromising one the output efficiency. Therefore, choose the type of water heater or geyser that fits your needs and requirements.
Some of the types of geysers, such as solar and gas geysers do not require any form of electricity for running that makes them power-efficient options. But if you are opting for electric geysers then consider the best water heater brand in India that offers 5-star energy rating.
The best geysers in India that consist of 5-star ratings are usually a bit expensive. So, do not worry about the price if you are seeking intuitive features and want power savings in the long run. A little expense that you make while you purchase the product today will lead you to save a lot of money on energy bills in the long run.
Therefore, do check on the energy efficiency factors before you decide on buying any one amongst the best geysers in India.
Style & Longevity
A good-looking water heater has many more hidden features that you must know before finalizing your decision of purchase. The built-type needs to be strong and durable to last for a longer time. In addition to that, you must also consider the style and look of the geysers that would go well with your bathroom or placement area.
You need to check whether the parts of the geysers are available easily in the market for repair or replacement works. Buying the best geysers in India would go in vain if you do not get parts easily after few years of usage when you need to replace some parts. Check on the life-time of the water heaters or geysers mentioned in the description before you finalize your purchase.
The best geysers in India are meant for lasting over 10-12 years with proper and timely maintenance. So, make your choices wisely.
Some of the additional features that must be present in the geyser or water you purchase for better efficiency are auto thermal cut-off, thermostat or temperature settings, safety valve, corrosion resistance and glass-coated heating elements.
These features are usually embedded by every best water heater brand in India to enhance the functionality of the appliance. You need to make sure that these features are available in your appliance, which will definitely add up the cost but will be feasible for the long run.
The requirement of the best geysers in India around different places of the house is also an important factor to consider. Based on the placement or installation area, you would eventually decide on the size and type of water heater/geyser required.
Therefore, make sure that you are aware of the requirement in your mind for where you want to place the geyser or water heater. Indians usually prefer to place the geysers or water heater in their bathroom and use it only during winters.
But now, people have started to use them in kitchens as well for assistance in washing dishes and cooking. Some people also connect the outlets to washing machines for washing clothes with warm water. The requirement, placement and usage determine which size, colour and type of water heater is required.
Important Safety Tips to Follow While Using a Water Heater
Even though you are buying the best geysers in India or best water heater in India, you still need to take concern for some of the safety tips to ensure no accidents happen during daily usage. You do not need to be a professional for adapting these safety measures as these are general considerations that must always be on your mind.
The safety tips for using a water heater and geyser includes:
- You need to ensure that the water heaters or geysers are installed in an area where there is proper ventilation. You cannot use the vents for channelling the fumes outside as improper placement would eventually result in releasing the fumes into your house.
- The pressure relief valve must always be checked on a timely interval for faults or defects. The pressure valves are present in the water heaters or geysers to prevent it from catching fire or exploding when the temperature goes beyond the safe limit. So, a regular check on the pressure valve is quite essential for ensuring the longevity of the best instant water heater.
- Avoid keeping any of the fire hazards near the water heater or geyser as it might catch fire easily. Avoid keeping coats, garbage, canisters, jump ropes and other such combustible materials near the geysers. The fumes released by the water heater when combines with the combustible materials, results in chemical reactions and results in a fire outbreak.
- Check and set the temperature setting as per your needs and requirements. Never set the temperatures above the required limit as it might cause accidents.
- If you have kids and pets in your house, then you need to ensure that the water heaters or geysers are installed in height and out of reach from them. The body of the geysers and water heaters are usually hot whenever they are running. If they are in reach of the kids or pets, there might be some unwanted mishaps which can be avoided with this safety consideration.
- Make sure the geysers have the earthing that is essential as, without it, you would be vulnerable to lethal electric shocks. Get it done at the time of installation itself. The professional who is supposed to install the water heater or geyser in your house can get the earthing done. This tip is essential for electric geysers.
- For gas geysers, you need to get a gas leakage detector installed around your premises. LPG has a very strong smell, and in case of any type of leakage from the geysers, the detector would alert you for the same. The gas pipe that is used for supplying LPG to the geyser must be of high-quality meeting the safety certification standards.
Now, you have a clear idea about the top 10 best water heaters or best geysers in India listed above in this article along with their features and efficiency. The buying guide is to help you identify the true potential of each geyser or water heater listed above. These details about the water heaters and geysers will help you choose the best for welcoming winter in style.
There is a winter sale in most of the online sites now. So, whether you are looking for best pressure cookers in India or best instant water heaters, check out the online stores for the best deals. For the water heaters, you do not need to go anywhere for choosing the best as the list of best products post-comparison is right on the first section of this article.