Rice cookers have eventually become one of the most favorable appliances in modern kitchens of India. The lives are running busy, and people have no time to use traditional rice cooking methods anymore. Therefore, they are using electric rice cookers to do the needful.
In this article, you will know about the benefits of the best rice cookers in India and some of the maintenance tips.
How do Rice Cookers Function?
Before exploring the benefits and maintenance tips of the best rice cookers in India, you need to know about the functioning of the rice cookers. The rice cookers use the measured ratio of water and rice in the tank, after which the heat process begins and the rice cooks within stipulated time based on the type of rice. The white rice takes around 10 minutes of time cooking, and brown rice takes around 20 minutes.
Buy the best pressure cookers in India as well to keep it separate for steaming or boiling vegetables and other ingredients whereas you can keep the rice cookers to serve its designated purpose of cooking rice. But rice cookers can eventually handle most jobs of pressure cookers without much hassle.
Benefits of Modern Rice Cooker Appliances
Here are some of the best benefits of using rice cookers by replacing the traditional way of cooking:
- For your hot breakfast needs, you can prepare oatmeal using the electric rice cookers. It will save you time over your cooktop cooking methods. You will also get a ‘keep warm’ function to keep the item warm inside the tank until you are ready to have it. It does not overcook your meal so you can be worry-free for using this feature of rice cookers.
- The electric rice cookers are also available with steamer racks for cooking the cut vegetables, fish fillets, chicken, potatoes, and others. It is easy to cook your vegetables and serve using the rice cookers.
- An automatic cooking feature is embedded within the electric rice cookers that shut down the system when the rice is cooked. The appliance senses the cooking process of rice and automatically disconnects the heat supply without overcooking.
- The programmable settings of the modern rice cookers allow them to cook all types of grains, including white rice, brown rice, and all types of grains. You need to select the designated setting option available for the select cooking process.
- You can also use the warming feature to keep the rice warm without the risk of overcooking it for a long time. You do not need to add water anymore to the rice cooker for reheating the rice. The need to use cooking pots and additional water of warming the rice is over now as the best rice cookers in India are taking over.
Care & Maintenance Tips of Rice Cookers
- You need to ensure that you have gone through the instruction manuals properly before using the rice cooker. You need to understand the setting options adequately before using them all for your cooking needs.
- Do not touch the hot surface of the inside tank with your bare hands as you might injure yourself in the process. So, make sure you use gloves to handle the hot surfaces.
- Place the electric rice cooker on a flat surface while using it to let it function efficiently.
- After use makes sure that the power connection is disconnected for ensuring the longevity of the product.
- Use gloves while you are removing the lid of the rice cooker to avoid damage from hot steam after the rice is cooked.
- Before you go for a cleaning, the rice cookers let it cool down as without it, you will damage the appliance.
- You can use the dishwasher as well to clean the rice cooker for efficient cleaning to avoid discoloration issues.
- Please do not use harsh cleaners for cleaning the rice cookers as it will hamper the non-stick coating of the appliance.
- Before you shut the cover of the rice cookers only after it is dried. After drying, store it in a safe place.
- Use a clean cloth to clean the exterior of the rice cooker every time to clean off any possible food stains. Remove all the debris from the inside of the rice cooker to ensure uninterrupted cooking of rice.
- Use correct cleaning pads if you have a glass cover as it will ensure that the glass will stay safe ad strong for long term lasting. Do not use harsh scraping material on the glass cover to avoid damage.
These are a few of the things that you need to know about the best rice cookers in India before you plan on buying or using them. They are one of the most required appliances of the kitchen in the present era. If you are restricted by time, prefer buying the best rice cookers at affordable pricing from the online market. Moreover, you can also look for the best kitchen chimneys in India for a combo kitchen equipment purchase.